Summer Nights Group Ukulele Lessons in Central London
Monday Nights 7-9pm
Experience magical summer nights with our group ukulele lessons in Central London. There’s nothing quite like being able to play your favourite songs and jam along together as part of a group. Join us each week at a different hand-picked outdoor venue, conveniently located just minutes away from TFL stations. Whether you're a beginner or an intermediate player, our lessons are designed for all skill levels.
Connect with fellow music enthusiasts, learn new songs, and make lasting friendships. With 15 - 20 places in each group, they are a perfect size for everyone to get to know each other. Sip on summer cocktails, soak up the vibes and create memorable musical experiences. Join us for our Summer Nights Group Ukulele Lessons in Central London.
Suitable For: Adults Only 18+
London E2 9PA
Located right next Bethnal Green Tube, Chiringuito brings a relaxed beach bar vibe to Bethnal Green’s Museum Gardens.
Serving a range of beers, wines, cocktails, tapas and small plates, Chiringuito’s food is inspired by fresh Hispanic and Latin American flavours. Think Catalonian flavours with a Mexican influence; fish tacos, South American ceviche, and signature mescal cocktails!
Bookings are flexible and can be swapped for other dates, so if you can't make a particular session you can let us know and attend a different session instead.
Group Lessons For All Players Beyond The Basics
Standalone lessons for anyone who has been playing ukulele for at least 5wks and are beyond the basics. Ideally you will already have completed one or more of our Ukulele courses and are looking for a summer challenge.
Each evening, we'll explore melody and chords for a different multi-part song arrangement to challenge all levels of ability.
Level 1-2 Players
For players who have completed our Level 1-2 Absolute Beginners and Don't Stop Me Now courses or equivalent, we'll learn beginner and slightly more challenging strumming patterns, melodies and riffs.
Level 3-4 Players
For anyone who has completed our Level 3-4 courses, Rip It Up and Ukulele Boss, or for any intermediate players, each evening we'll challenge you with more complex strumming and accompanying picking patterns, lead riffs and solo melody parts.
Our Partner Venues
Our partner venues are hand-picked for their special qualities, and located 5-10mins walk to TFL Stations. We work with a number of amazing venues in Central, East and South London, including Shoreditch, Clerkenwell, Tower Bridge, Aldgate, Bethnal Green, Dalston, Stratford and Bermondsey.
If you run a venue and would like to be involved with our program of lessons and events please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Vibes, Cocktails and Ukulele
Enjoy your favourite tipple and learn to play your favourite songs on a warm summer evening surrounded by awesome people.
Connect, Collaborate, Create
Feel the energy and camaraderie at the heart of School of Uke. Our unique ukulele classes provide a fun, relaxed and supportive environment where you can meet new people, forge lifelong friendships, collaborate on music projects, and perhaps meet that significant other!
Rock, Pop, R&B, and Disco Classics at Your Fingertips
You can play literally anything on a Ukulele. All of our techniques are taught through a variety of music genres, including popular Rock, Pop and R&B Classics. Think ABBA, Blondie, The Cure, Bowie, Stevie Wonder, ACDC, Diana Ross, 70s/80s/90s/00s Anthems and 60s Classics from The Shirelles to the Shangri-Las.
It’s your Summer, so we encourage all song requests!
What You'll Learn
You'll learn the fundamentals of playing music, from mastering chords and strumming, to exploring melody, rhythm, and performance techniques. With each lesson, you'll unlock a world of possibilities.
Confident Playing Technique
We place a strong emphasis on developing your ability to play music with confidence. Our experienced tutors are dedicated to nurturing your musical talent and helping you discover your unique style. They will guide you every step of the way, providing personalised feedback, and a supportive environment to help you grow as a musician. The ukulele will become an extension of your creativity, an expressive tool and a pathway to new musical horizons.
Group Ensemble & Performance Technique
- Learn to play multi-part arrangements on the Ukulele
- Learn about developing arrangement and performance in songs with multiple parts
- Emphasis on musical awareness, group timing, texture, rhythm and song
- Develop playing technique and encourage individual style within a group
- Introduction to playing effectively and confidently in a live gigging environment
Strumming and Picking
- Strong focus on strumming techniques and syncopation, the place of emphasis and accent.
- Explore use of barre chords to achieve dampening effects useful for achieving a more percussive and syncopated sound.
- Introduction to fingerstyle picking techniques
Melody and Theory
- Develop awareness of the fretboard up to the 12th fret
- Introduction to scales including Minor and Major Pentatonic
- Playing both melody and harmony to a song over the chord structure
Chords and Chord Theory
- Focus on I/IV/V progression through 12 Bar Blues and cross-fertilization with other genres
- Establish relational patterns between barre chords outside the key of C
- Expanding chord repertoire and using extended chords
- Explore ways to decorate simple chord progressions using inversions
- Introduction to the circle of 5ths
- Introduction to understanding of chord construction in relative Major and Minor keys
An Awesome Experience
Here's what our students have to say...
"Great teaching and so much fun! Everyone should learn to play an instrument!" - Edina
"Amazing fun, brilliant teaching, awesome people!" - Avital
"I couldn't play anything when I first started, now I'm playing Slash solos!" - Cat